Wow been almost 2 weeks since I last blogged here, sorry for falling off the wagon. Let me update you on the happenings since I last posted.
So had the last chemo on Tuesday May 5th, and found out that I was pretty anemic. That would explain why I had mentally felt good the week before, but was so physically exhausted. I was unable to do a lot and was resting with morning and afternoon naps because my body wasn't getting enough oxygen.
Dr. Heyer said we could do nothing and it would take me 6 to 8 weeks to recover, or I could have an infusion of 2 units of blood and that put some pep in my step. Well that was pretty much a no brainer! So spent 6 hours on Wed May 6th getting infused with 2 units of whole blood. Took a couple days and then I was raring to go. Some folks who saw me before and then a couple days after the infusion said it was like two different people! The bags were gone from under my eyes, my skin tone went from Chemo Grey to normal and I looked all around more healthy.
Since then I have been trying to get out of the house, now that I don't get exhausted so easily. Been working half days in the office last week and this week, and jumped back into coaching softball. Keeping busy and trying to keep my mind busy and feeling good to be out and about again! Had a nice long walk yesterday with Shannon (riding her scooter!) and after this weekend will start some light weight lifting again.
Went for my CT scans on Monday May 18th (Chest, Abdomen, and Pelvis) it was a quick in and out for the scans, which was nice, although I felt the contrast throughout my body the rest of the day. It has been hard with waiting for the results, all sorts of thoughts going through my mind and I have been trying to keep my mind busy with other things, yet it seems to swing back around to here again and again. Been hard to communicate and that is a primary reason why I haven't blogged in so long.
See Dr. Heyer again on the afternoon of Thursday May 21st and will get the results of the CT scans then as well as the next course of action. This being in limbo is driving me batty!
Will post here tomorrow evening and let you all know what happens...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Praying for you! The battiness is pretty normal....:0)
ReplyDeleteWe're still praying for you!
ReplyDeleteMe too! (Mom to the above 2)
ReplyDeleteAnxious to hear the news. Hugs to you and the girls.
ReplyDeleteHang in there...Praying for you!
ReplyDelete