Well gotten out of the habit of posting something here and was talking with someone about my experience and realized that I didn't want to let this fade away, so let me bring you back up to speed on things in my life.
At the end of August I had a follow up CT scan and when I saw Dr. Heyer (Oncologist) in early September, the results were encouraging. The residual mass which was thought to be fibrous or scar tissue has shrunk slightly giving more confirmation that what's left is just a fibrous mass that will continue to slowly shrink over time. Am scheduled for another CT scan in Nov and will be interesting to see if we continue to see ongoing shrinkage of the fibrous mass.
As for me, mentally/emotionally I still have some moments (LOL don't we all!) especially when going for the scans, that still gives me a bit of consternation. But on the whole I am doing well. Physically everyone says that I look great! I have kept the head shaved (girls like it, especially Ashley *wink*) and my color/stamina are back to normal. I still have some moments were things just tucker me out though, so would say I'm about 95% back. One thing that I have noticed is that the chemo has affected my ability to thermo regulate. I used to never be the one cold or have an issue. But now I find myself chilled a fair bit more and have to watch for that, will be interesting to see if this is a long term thing or short term (gotta remember to talk to Dr. Heyer about this!) So now time to start looking at closing that gap over the next few months and getting back to 100%
I'm back to coaching softball for Shannon's team and helping out with Ashley's team as able. This is always a busy time for us, with both girls playing we have softball 5 nights a week and then on Saturdays. Broken down that's 2 practices, 2 games, pitching/catching clinic and then the Saturday games. So needless to say between work and softball, along with a few other activities I am flat out like a lizard drinking.
It is also interesting to me how, having been through this ordeal, I find myself giving more time/energy towards events that are geared towards educating about and eradicating cancer. Am working with the American Cancer Society again in 2010 for Relay for Life, and have seen/participated in events for Leukemia/Lymphoma Society as well. Funny how coming to the edge and looking in the abyss, one gains a whole new perspective and priority!
Will try to post back at least monthly and feel free to give me a shout out if I start slacking again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

RogMan, I am curious about the November follow up and what the doctor had to say about the expanded personal heat/cool issue??
ReplyDeleteDan