Well the last few days have been a real roller coaster ride, with some real lows and highs.
Friday was a good day, got into the office and was good to spend time at work, getting caught up on a few things, seeing people and just getting back into the flow. A pretty regular day, still find I lack the energy and that can be frustrating at times. But dealing with it and just listening to my body and taking time out for rest as needed, so that I can keep healing. Had a fitful nights sleep in blocks, most odd, but my mind was already thinking about Saturday.
Saturday was a very low day.. perhaps the lowest I have been in a long time. Our good friend and neighbor across the street lost her battle with Cancer earlier this week and Saturday morning was the service and funeral. Carol had lung cancer, was being seen at the same practice I go too, and had been battling this disease for over a year and half now. Carol was such an influence on how one can have dignity and be positive even in the face of this devastating disease. She leaves behind her loving husband of more than 40 years Bill, 4 children and 3 grandchildren. I really struggled to hold it together during the events that morning, I am still at a loss to explain how it has made me feel, how I still grieve for her and I try to deal with own battle.
The day took a much brighter note when my older sister flew in from Kansas. The last time I saw her was Christmas '07, so it has been great to sit, chat and spend time with her these last couple days. Our neighbors came over and we had a BBQ last night, and it just so down home, family and relaxing. Some much needed recovery/distraction after the emotionally charged events of this week, earlier in the day.
Still seem to be sleeping in about 4 hour blocks, and that held true last night. This morning we just had a late brunch, went out to the mall and did some shopping, but mainly just time out from the house! Had a nice lunch at Macaroni Grill, and came home. Marnie, Ashley and I then took the motorcycles out for a couple hours and enjoyed some much needed time in the saddle with the wind in my face! It was around 60 degrees, just right with the layers on, and was really comfortable and refreshing. My Mom made some great chili for dinner and it was again just a down home family meal. Having them around this weekend, has been so good for my spirits and I'm just thankful they were able to be here with us. My sister leaves tomorrow, but my Mom is staying through the start of my 3 round of Chemo to help around the house with the girls, things and me ;-) LOL!!
I'm pretty tired after being on the go most of the day with no nap even, so getting back to normal ( if you can ever call me normal! LOL) and hope that a good solid nights sleep is in the cards! Back to work this week as I finish Round 1 with my treatment this coming Tuesday, and then start Round 2 next week.
My thanks for all the continuing thoughts, prayers, offers and help that everyone has put forth and contributed. You continue to awe and inspire me, I am blessed by all that you do, I am in your debt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Rog - it was great to be with you and Marnie and the girls - how about a Harley trip west this summer? talk to you soon - z
ReplyDelete