Well I realize that I have been absent from here for a while. The reaction to the compazine really threw me for a loop.
I have found that with the decreased amount of hemoglobin (the stuff in your blood that takes the oxygen from your lungs to your cells) I tire out all to easy. The mind is willing but the body is certainly letting me down these days. The neuprogen is working and keeping my white blood cells stimulated and elevated. The downside of that is that after about 3 days on neuprogen, I get a night of back spasms that is just not fun. It is a worth while trade off though.
Sure must have been a bummer of a vacation for my younger sister to come visit and me so lethargic. This had been planned before I was diagnosed, and was glad to she came even though I wasn't the life of the party. She got out with Marnie and the girls to do some things and was certainly great to have her here during this challenging time.
Have managed to get out for a few things, went to a Birthday party this past weekend and am hoping to make the girls opening softball games later this week. Will try to be better about writing here in these last few weeks.
The last big push starts next week, and while not looking forward to that, will be nice to have that done and behind me. They are already looking at dates for the scans at the end of treatments. I have another pulmonary function test on Thursday and thus far things are looking good with the lungs. Will have one more after I finish the third round as well as another CT of the abdomen and pelvis to determine how much the chemo has attacked the tumor. On the upside of all this is that I found out today that the levels of LDH (tumor marker) are back to normal. This bodes well for things!!
It has been tough going but I am doing the best I can, some days are just days by day, and others better. Been just blah at times and all I can do to log on and work. I am doing good, spirits are up and am going forward, fighting and not letting this crap get me down. Continue to appreciate all that everyone out there is doing from the food, to errands, to thoughts, prayers and helping out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It sounds just about right, the blahs, the weariness, just being tired and the lethargy. Does it help to know it is all completely normal, and where everyone who has gone through this has been? :0) Hurray for 2/3 done!
ReplyDeleteHang in there Coach! The Golomb's are always thinking about you.
ReplyDeletekeep up the good work gutter, cya in about 5 weeks................dagger
ReplyDeleteHang in there Roger. I've watched and supported several family members through radiation and chemo and there is light at the end of the tunnel. We're praying for you.... Maggie Young
ReplyDelete