Monday, April 6, 2009

Sore and tired

Well hello there...

Been a while I know, but things continue to progress and I'm still fighting the fight!

So the first part of last week wasn't too bad, things moved along and by body was doing ok with the chemo. Then Thursday and Friday my GI tract really was giving me fits from the chemo. It was a miserable couple days as the nausea really hit me for the first time and that was just yucky. Never puked, but my mid section was in total rebellion.

Top that off with a drug reaction on Friday (apparently IV Compazine and I don't along!) and the last few days have been a few of the hardest so far. I really had a hard time Friday/Saturday after that and I think it took a lot out of me.

I am really tired, lethargic, and sore still today from the last few days. Yesterday was a bright spot in that folks from our motorcycle club came by and spread, mulch, did spring pruning, etc for us. It was good to see everyone and what they did was so appreciated.

I'm fading out already from focusing to write this, it's like after a bad bout with the flu when you just can't comfortable, are sore all over, and simply walking downstairs makes you tired. I'm so done with this!! Wish it were through already.

Only a few more weeks to go.. and only one more really challenging week, so now I'm resting and getting ready for that last push in a couple weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Roger! I'm sorry you are having a rough time with the "get through it" drugs....do you have a reaction to Zofran? That helped me when I didn't do the compazine....the steroids help with the nausea too, but I don't know if you can do those other days...I am so happy to hear you are almost done. Remember you are slowly being reborn as a cancer free adult! Lots of love and prayers.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in their man, I am thinking such positive thoughts for you and prayers every night. I just don't know what else to do.

    Hugs and love you, Marn, girls, mom/dad and the rest of the Gaffey Clan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fight the fight dude! You can do it! Sorry I missed you the other day - just got home form foreign travel. Have a Happy Easter and keep smiling - the bend in the road is nearly behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work and keep getting your rest! You have much to look forward to with your beautiful family and a wonderful life ahead. You've got fortitude!

    Greeting from your old friends at Raytheon (Jan, Patty, Ted, and I). We have you in our thoughts always!

    ReplyDelete