
Saturday, I got out to Shannon's softball game and sat on the bench (well mostly! LOL) and helped coach for the first time this season. The girls were excited to see me out there and I was really enjoying being there, watching them play ball and improve. I miss this and look forward to getting back to coaching soon! However, it certainly takes a lot out of me, had a two hour nap that afternoon.. LOL Then went over to a friends for a nice relaxing evening of poker.
So, Thursday afternoon I was down at the girl's school and found out that Shannon's teacher from last year (Whitney Cook) is also a Cancer Survivor, along with several other faculty and staff from Clearview Elementary. They invited me to join their team and walk with them in the Relay for Life. I was honored and agreed to participate.
I'm wanted to let you know about this decision I have made and ask you to again support me in my continued fight against this insidious disease. It would be great to make a big contribution and hope that you will consider assisting me in this endeavor! You can help out by visiting the link below:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/rogmon
If you would like to come out in person and be a part of the actual Relay for Life activities, here are the details:
Where: Herndon High School
When: Saturday, June 13, 2009
Time: 1:30 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. Sunday morning (Luminary lighting 9:00 p.m.)
Location: 700 Bennett St
Herndon, VA 20170
I'm still in awe of all that so many have done and continue to do as I battle the Cancer that invaded my body. We talk about friends and being there for one another, well if there were ever any doubts in my mind, they were eradicated as I have watched and received so much support, thoughts, prayers and help from people near and afar! I am honored, shocked, humbled and truly appreciate what you all have done to support not only me, but Marnie and girls during this challenging time in our lives.

keep up the hard work gutter and we will cya in a couple of weeks..................dagger
ReplyDeleteKeep up the healing my friend - can't wait to ride with you again!
ReplyDelete