Well it has been an interesting time these last 24 hours.
This morning started off good, have noticed that I feel better in the mornings after my body has had a chance to process the drugs. I had a decent sleep last night, up and down with having to pee so much from the diuretic, but getting 2-3 hours of decent sleep in between bathroom trips. Marnie was off to work today, with Mom playing chauffeur today. We got there a bit early and by 9am I was hooked up and taking on fluids.
Today I got all 3 drugs for the first time during the treatment (this only happens twice more) and let's just say that adding that 3rd drug really kicked my ass! Don't know if it was the combo of the Bleomycin with the Cisplatin & Etoposide or what but I was feeling pretty miserable by this afternoon when we got home. Chills and some nausea (more than Monday, but not severe enough to take the additional meds.. YET!) This got better as the evening went along, and we had another great dinner delivered by Lydia. Top that off with a good friend who moved to Baltimore stopping by for a bit this evening and it was really a good evening.
Realized that while I ate smaller meals today, I didn't get a lot of protein in my diet, mainly carbs and wasn't as good on the water intake early in the day and later in the evening. Need to work on those things in the coming days/weeks, and try to get a bit more fruit in there too, been doing good with salads, so that's working. Also with feeling so miserable I didn't get any exercise in yesterday, it's going to be hard this week, but something to focus on during the two 'down' weeks of the cycle.
Early to bed tonight and would love to get a good nights sleep, but I know as long they are giving me the diuretic, I'll be up every 2-3 hours making head calls!
Thanks everyone for the continuing thoughts..you are in my thoughts as well!
p.s. well I apparently hit 'save now' instead of 'publish post' last night. So here it is at 5:30 am and I was right up a couple times to make head calls! Top that off with the battery in one of the kids toys on my dresser started dying and both Marnie and I were up at 3:00 am pulling the battery. She feel back to sleep around 4:30 I dozed a bit, but never got back to sleep. So here's yesterday's blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Between my blood sugar and too many Diet Dr. Peppers, my mantra was "Can somebody go pee for me?". They never do. :)
ReplyDeleteThinking happy thoughts at you. Since they are from me, they are deranged, happy thoughts. I'm thinking, however, that that should suit you.
English... "that that". Humph
&
Hey Roger - We are all thinking about you here - Sue asks about you every day - she's the one that took the girls to the pottery place last summer. I'll be there in about 12 days and can help take some pressure off Mom and Marnie and cook some meals or take the girls around - can't wait to see your "new do". z
ReplyDeleteIf you feel nausea, take the nausea meds! It is hard to stop if you start throwing up.....it is not a sign of weakness, it is saving your strength for the important battles! Has doc said anything about cutting out veggies at certain times, or at least not eating veggies in restaurants unless they are cooked? My doc mentioned that for my lower immunity times....you might ask him, esp. if they aren't giving you immunity protecting stuff b/c of the bleomycin.
ReplyDelete