Was reminded by a couple of comments by people today, that I have been a bit remiss in keeping up here, so here we go!
Monday finished out well for the most part, and Tuesday morning was good, started feeling pretty normal and was really looking forward to later that evening. Yes as an Irish man this was going to be a hard St. Patrick's Day, cause I couldn't have a wee drop! But still was looking to getting out to the club social and enjoying time spent with friends. However, it didn't turn out as expected; because the Chemo treatment that afternoon (weekly Bleomycin dosage) really whacked me hard. I was pretty much reduced to sitting in a chair feeling lethargic and ended the evening with the chills and crashed out.
Woke up on Wednesday very tired as I didn't sleep well at all, but feeling better as my body had processed out most of the Bleo. Was pretty much reduced to laying around most of the day and recovering from Tuesday's chemo. Lots of fluids during the day helped, ate well and by that evening was feeling more up to speed. Worked out well, I was able to make it to our first Softball Practice (this is the 12U team that I coach) This was just a short informational practice, and one of my assistants worked the girls, while I chatted with the parents. Have several returning players who aged up, some new players from other teams and even a girl new to playing softball. Seems like a good mix and I look forward to evaluating the girls and find them positions and getting some skills developed. Turns out one of my new parents is 2 years out from Hodgkin's Lymphoma, it's a small world, had a nice chat with her.
Was tired when I got home, but in a good way for getting out of the house and being active. Had a fantastic dinner delivered by the Cooksey's (one of my softball parents), which really hit the spot! Slept pretty good last night too. This morning felt good after a decent nights sleep and then it was off to school to watch Ashley in her 3rd Grade Musical, it was a good performance and Ashley even had a speaking role! She was excited and was good to be able to be there for her. Afterwards, Marnie and headed over to longtime friend who just opened his own CPA firm after a couple decades of working for others. So he is going to be our new accountant and we are really happy to be helping him out as he starts his own business!
Each day now seems to be building on the previous, feeling a bit better and more normal, but still tire out more easily and faster than I anticipate. Was going to try and get to the office this afternoon, but this mornings activities pretty much wiped me out, had a bit of nap, and afternoon of rest with a roaring fire while working from home. So off to work tomorrow and then hopefully will be able to put in a good week there next week too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad to hear you recovered some from last Tuesday, definitely didn't look like you were loving life. Either way, I'm glad you came out, it was good to see you.
ReplyDeleteThink of it this way, in some way a blessing from above spared you for Wednesday so you got to enjoy Ashley's musical. That's one of those precious moments you don't to enjoy all that often, and the rest of us folks will be around and can wait until you get better...
-Geoff
hang in there man, you can beat this . I love you!
ReplyDeleteHey there big guy! Terrific (not really ,I was in Florida). Take it easy - the world will catch up with you sooner than you think. Later . . .
ReplyDelete