Monday, March 2, 2009

Let it snow!

First of all a huge thank you to everyone for all the thoughts, prayers and sharing about themselves and others in the last week. It has been much appreciated with some real help for me and have really felt the caring pouring out.

So today was a stark reminder that while I feel better.. I'm not! We got over 5" of snow last night and this morning, and dang it looks pretty! Went out and got the snow blower out of the shed and cleared the driveway and sidewalk (also did our neighbors who's wife is battling lung cancer) and then headed into work for a while. Tonight is the first night that people start bring dinners over, and with everything filling up this week, that works out real well.

Felt great to get out and do something, though. Yesterday was likewise productive, had been having computer issues, so I rebuilt one of our machines and fix that problem. Amazing how that accomplishing something trivial like that, really made me feel good. Been a bit since I felt like I was able to contribute some how around the household. And doing that along with clearing the snow today, really felt good. I have to tell you though I'm beat, I ache and thinking after I write this that it might be nap time for a wee bit.

Found out last week that in addition to all the other pre-chemo tests, appointments, etc. That I am having a pulmonary function test this coming Friday. That will give them a baseline to see just how much (if any?!) lung function is impaired/damaged by the Bleomycin during my treatments. Am really hoping that there is none to minimal loss of lung function and that I am still able to dive (maybe not technical diving but at least recreational diving!)

Also discovered over the weekend that people in my Motorcycle Club have been talking and we are going to be doing a little something to raise some money for Cancer Research! I had talked about having the girls shave my head, to give them some buy-in and help me take some control of when I lose my hair. Well several people in the motorcycle club have offered to become chrome domes with me! To top that off, one guy who can't do shave his head because of his job, is going to donate $100 for the first 25 people in the club who do shave their hair. Logan's in Sterling were we hold our monthly meetings on Wednesday is going to allow us to do this in their side room were we meet. It was a spur of the moment thing that is just coming together and going further than I had ever imagined. Am truly amazed and will be cool to see how many people we get who shed their locks!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you as a "chrome dome" I sure hope tis happens before I get there, otherwise I get to help shave your head. Mi

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang i don't have far to go... Roger, keep the faith... in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily you have the cheek bones to go this route. These pictures should be good.

    ReplyDelete