WOW!
You all have just been so fantastic with the emails, thoughts, prayers and offer of helping hands. Can't even keep up with all the messages and respond to each one individually. I am trying to get better about responding individually going forward from here.
So today is Tuesday morning (Feb10th) 4 days post surgery and I'm finally weaning myself off the heavy pain meds. Actually got up and showered yesterday, so that was refreshing and shaved this morning, so feel some what human again. Most of the pain I'm having is localized on the left side of my abdomen around the incision site and further up around my kidney, were the Doc removed the spermatic cord. I can stand for about 30 minutes right now before it starts throbbing, so just trying to slowly increase that. Mentally I'm raring to go and my head is clearing from the fog of the Vicadin, physically I'd say I'm about half way there, but making some steady progress.
Am actually going out of the house today to have my chest X-ray (one of our many offers for someone to help out, getting a ride there, not driving myself!) and get the contrast for my CT scans. The CT scans of abdomen and pelvis are scheduled for tomorrow afternoon 1445. Then if things are going better, going to try and try and get a couple half days in at work Thursday & Friday, that will be a see how things going kinda thing. Friday I see the Dr. again and he should have the results from the CT scans and hopefully the pathology from the surgery, so at that point we'll determine the next step in this adventure.
Marnie and I were talking and thinking back over the last few months and wondering if this hasn't been in me longer than we thought. We were thinking back over the last 6 months at the few time that I had these little unexplained 'flu' bouts. Were I would spike some high fevers and then it was mostly over in 24-48 hours. That same thing happened the day that Dr. Lailas examined me too, so my supposition is that his examination caused the tumor to release something into me that my body was fighting. Thinking back it is possible that this has been going on for a bit longer and the symptoms are all very similar. Regardless, gone now, but still food for thought and will be interesting to see going forward.
Well hope that each of you is doing well, and know that I'm slowly getting back to normal and just taking each day one at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment