We are in awe of the number of people who want to help out in some way. It has truly taken us by surprise and Marnie & I were just talking about figuring out some way that people could contribute. I know for me, the old saying about being as wealthy as the number of friends you have is coming so true and catching me off guard with the out pouring from folks. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking that in some way We/I have touched so many people that so many of you want to reach back and help us out.
Low and behold, Christine Chambliss wrote us and has offered to coordinate things for meals, etc starting that first week in March. If that is something you would like to help out with, then please contact her at cchambliss1001@yahoo.com She has some other ideas as well, so share with her, and that would be great! She has set up a public calendar at http://calendar.yahoo.com/cchambliss1001 to help with the coordination of things.
This fits well, as in the next couple weeks we are just trying to get some small stuff wrapped up and get ready for the next push when I meet with the Oncologist on Thursday Feb 26th. I'm sure that it will be then that things will be getting rather crazy and that is when we will need the most assistance. Beyond that at this point, we are keeping our spirits up, I'm recovering from the surgery and trying to get back to normal to keep from going stir crazy! LOL
Again you really shock and amaze us. Thank you so much for all you have/are doing for us, we are truly blessed.
p.s. Please feel free to forward this to others whom we have missed...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment