Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mid-week review

Well trying to get back to semblance of normalcy again after the last 10 days of surreal existence.

Got things all lined up for the oncologist (Dr. Heyer) and they are so with the 21st century that it’s cool. Filled out all the paperwork online! That was a nice reprieve from having to sit in the waiting room doing that there. Additionally over the last couple days have heard from a couple people that Dr. Heyer and his group are really, really good. So that was nice unsolicited information to get and helps assuage any doubts.

Been recovering from the initial surgery and that is going well. The incision is healing nicely and some of the swelling is going down. Tried to wear pants for the first time on Sunday afternoon, that didn’t go too well! I really impacted against things and after a couple hours I was out for the count from the pain. Since then been back in sweat pants until today.

Trying for a full day back in the office, and wearing normal clothing, although did bring some looser fitting stuff, just in case! We’ll see how that goes, both with the clothing and making it all day sitting in the office. Got in a few hours yesterday afternoon, so been working up to things slowly.

Mentally I have been getting my head around things and on top of everything that has happened, the implications and effects. Getting there slowly and most of the time doing well, sometimes I have those moments and just try to get through them. Was answering emails yesterday and realized that writing here has been some what cathartic for me, so will be continuing to do this every few days. I still worry for Marnie and the girls, talked to Shannon last night on our way to dinner with the motorcycle club and she seems to understand, but is quiet and not sure it has all sunk in for her. She got a big kick out of the fact, that there is a chance I could lose my hair during the treatment. Ashley just continues to give the unconditional hugs and love, she knows Dad is sore, hurting and there’s more to come. Marnie and I have had some good cries together; it has been good for us. Sometimes things out of the blue will strike one or both of us and it’s time to hunt for the Kleenex.

Christine Chambliss and I talked this morning and she told me that you all have already booked out March and April for providing us meals! She’s going to add Tuesdays to the list. Additionally Christy and Kim Mister have set up a PayPal account for those who want to contribute something but can’t cook or are too far away. They are going to use the money to order out for us..fantastic!

We continue to be amazed by the out pouring of support for us and that is just so humbling. You are all truly awesome people and I’m blessed to have you involved in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment