Well you may be reading this whole thing for the first time, or again, not sure. But wanted to combine all the bits and pieces into one place, and it has really been helpful and cathartic for me to write it all down here.
It’s still hard to fathom that it’s been 2 weeks since surgery and I found out I had cancer, and just a week since I found out that it had spread. Doing so much better coming to terms with everything now, but at times it is just oppressive and have a good cry on Marnie’s shoulder.
For the most part getting my strength back now after the surgery. Yesterday was a minor set back when the cat decided to bound across our bed and landed full force with both front paws on my incision site. Let’s just say that I was seeing stars and the cat went flying! Some ibuprofen and a couple hours supine really helped things a lot and did wonders for me. Each day I’m gaining back more strength, still tire a little too easy and strange things will set me back, but overall moving forward and onward.
Will probably be a lull in updates, until after I see the oncologist on Thursday, February 26th. At that time, we get a lot more questions answered, and will be sharing that out with everyone. Until then just working on continuing to recover from the surgery and getting things squared away as much as possible in anticipation of being out of things for a bit once I start chemotherapy. For those that are interested in helping out, please do contact Christine Chambliss as she is the one who is coordinating things for us.
Continue to be astounded by the responses from those near and afar, it has really meant a lot to Marnie and me the way you have all offered support in one form or another. We are truly very lucky to have you as our friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment