Well everyone once again amazes Marnie and I with the support, thoughts and prayers.
I wanted to share something that someone wrote back to us, that really struck home for us both. It was worth reading over and over, each time I feel the connection and the support that continues to be so prevalent from all of you.
"Strength and courage as you begin the next phase - my sense is that you have plenty of both! But if yours should falter draw on the strength and courage of those who surround you with love and care. There are many of us walking this journey, with you in our hearts!"
With some dates now set, things are moving. Will be having the medi-port installed on Wednesday Mar 4th, in preparation for the Chemotherapy the following Monday. Also meeting with the Melanie (Dr. Heyer's Nurse Practitioner) on Tuesday to discuss some some of the more mundane, yet important aspects of Chemo. Will be taking Shannon & Ashely with us to that appointment, so that they can see things, ask any questions etc. It was one of the things that Dr. Heyer encouraged us to do, very holistic approach, saying that the families (kids) are welcome so that they can see what's going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So now it is time to get started. Just remember that the next thing to do is simply the next thing to do. You will get through it! IIc is huge recovery rate, so while it is frightening, the odds are more with you than against! It is also important to remember that while statistics are there for informative purposes, you are not a number. You are not a statistic. You are a man of faith with a community of supportive famiy and friends who are praying for you and pulling for you.:0)
ReplyDeleteYou, Marnie and the girls are in my daily prayers. Remember that we are here for you with wishes for the best!
ReplyDeleteRog,Marn and the girls...I am speechless...I pray daily for you and I feel so powerless. I love you and pray for speedy recovery. You were not given this by God if you couldn't handle it. I know you are strong. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteLYMI