Been an interesting couple days, Sunday was a very needed and relaxing lull before the storm. Marnie had to leave for a work trip around noon, so the girls and I just chilled. Watched some TV with the girls, some movies, surfed the net for a while, did some organization of files, and played Rock Band with the girls! A few things were productive the others were just need recuperation time.
Well yesterday got a full day in at the office again, although I was hurting by the end of the day. Sore and tired, think I was asleep before the girls! LOL The girls were good in the morning, we got out of the house on time, and the rest of the external stitches came out that morning (ok so I helped just a wee bit with the last couple ;-) ). The incision is healing very nicely, although still slightly swollen and tender to the touch. I am really pleased with how Dr. Lialas did the surgery and were the incision is located. The scar will be very thin and hard to notice when fully healed.
So finished filling out all the forms for the Dr. Heyer, the Oncologist. I think it was something like 12 pages of forms about medical history, history of cancer in the family, as well as the usual first visit stuff! Luckily I was able to do that packet of forms online, so that was really cool. Went over to Dr. Heyer's office to drop of all the lab reports, CT results and paperwork from Dr. Lialas so that Dr. Heyer could review it before my appointment on Thursday. When I asked the receptionist if that was everything they needed.. got more stuff to fill out! LOL Some medical release paperwork, and insurance stuff. I think I have finally gotten it all taken care of now. WHEW!
This week is a little strange as things are so back to normal after the last two weeks. Marnie traveling a couple days for work, kids in school, me back working like nothing has happened. Yet looming out there on the horizon is the knowledge of what is to come, Chemotherapy. While I don't want to know and would love to put it off!! Know all to well that I just need to get in there and moving with that next step and get through it. This waiting is starting to get to me. It is just kind of gnawing at the back of my mind and can't wait to just put this all behind me!
Continue to get emails from family and friends, that leave me hunting for tissue, that reaffirm my faith and remind me how lucky I am to have people like you that truly do care about me. Really makes me think and wonder what I did to be so honored with your concern and friendship?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

we are behind you roger, sometimes things take time, believe me i know. we will have to talk when i get up there for rt............take care............dagger
ReplyDeleteI wish I could tell you what the heck you did that made an impression on me 25 years ago... lol!! All I know is that you were just you. :) If I were there I'd give you plenty of warm/caring hugs to help you feel better. Take care friend... Gail*
ReplyDeleteWow.. dagger, we'll have to have a cigar, some scotch and sit and here in a couple months! Gail, awwww shucks, those hugs are welcomed even from the other coast, and always interesting how certain people stand out in your mind, even after many years... Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHI Roger, it's Rich, MaryJo's brother & Marnie;s Cuzn, yah the older one. Man I sure wish I could go on a long winding ride with you, I've almost forgotten the feel of wind in the face. You hang in there man, with a beautiful family and your rides together you'll come out of this just fine. Live life with gusto.
ReplyDeleteHi Roger! Prayers are for you! It is tough, but not as bad as we can fear. When it gets hard just look at your girls' faces. That reminds you why you are fighting this fight. Remember that the most important thing for you to do is to take the next step. That idea pulled me through both rounds of chemo! I wrote a guide to chemotherapy, meant to be helpful for someone facing it the first time...please take a look if you are interested! http://www.familyaffairratz.com/Amy_s_Guide_to_Chemo.html
ReplyDeleteSending much love!
Sorry, forgot to sign off! Much love! -Amy Schultz
ReplyDeleteThere's also a prayer listed there...it was written for I.B.C., but is suitable for any cancer fighter. Know that that is what I am praying for you!
ReplyDelete